Thursday 13 June 2013

Planking on a Pole!

As some of you have noticed, I have been covered in more bruises than usual over the last few months. This is not as a result of a new found violent streak, but a discovery of the joys of 'pole fitness' classes. I decided that, as much as I love yoga, I wanted to do something that used all my muscles, strengthened my core, allowed me to meet knew people, challenged me, but most importantly made me laugh!!! I really wanted to do Acro Yoga (watch this space....!) but couldn't find classes in Cornwall so instead I joined Vixystrawberry Pole School. I absolutely love it and would definitely recommend people try out Vicky's classes, she's a great teacher. It works really well alongside a yoga practice as it uses your muscles in a very similar way, and it's just fun! 
 
For more info and course details check out Vicky's face book page
https://www.facebook.com/vixystrawberry.poleschool?ref=ts&fref=ts

This is just the beginning of my pole adventure, but here's a little picture to give you an idea.... side planking a pole... never thought I'd be able to do that in a million years!! 


No comments: