Saturday 29 June 2013

Acro Yoga FUN!!

Last weekend I attended a work shop in Acro Yoga and Thai Massage, and totally loved it! For those of you who haven't tried it, Acro Yoga is simply a mixture of yoga and acrobatics. The style that I tried also blends Thai Massage and therapeutics, which sits well with the more therapeutic yoga that I teach regularly.
When practicing Acro-yoga you practice with other people, either as the base, flyer or spotter. When you are the base you have to make sure your body is strong and secure to support the flyer, and as the flyer you use balance and core strength, allowing gravity to do the rest of the work.The spotter keeps you safe!!! The practice reminded me of being a child balancing on my sister's feet before she catapulted me across the room! 
 I'm hooked... watch this space for more Acro fun, and potentially some classes in Cornwall soon!!!

No comments: