Friday 14 December 2012

 
 Street Yoga as Inspiration
 
I'm always keeping an eye on these guys and what they do as it's something that's so close to my heart and to my own work. This month celebrates 10 years of Street Yoga being in service, and I thought it was a good time to give a little nod in their direction. If my little plan comes to fruition I may even take a trip stateside in 2013 to visit them...
 
Street Yoga is a non-profit organization that teaches yoga, mindful breathing, and compassionate communication to youth and families and their caregivers struggling with homelessness, poverty, abuse, addiction, trauma and behavioral challenges so they can grow stronger, heal from past traumas, and create for themselves a life that is inspired, safe, and joyful. Their programs are based on solid evidence that yoga helps with physical well being, depression, anxiety, trauma and PTSD. They are an amazing organisation, and one that I wish was more recognised... so please check them out and spread the word! 


No comments: